sectional, also known as a sectional sofa or modular sofa, is a type of seating furniture that is composed of multiple independent pieces (sections) that can be arranged and connected in various configurations.
These pieces typically include a combination of armless sofas, loveseats, chaise lounges, and corner units, allowing for a flexible and customizable seating arrangement. Sectionals are a popular choice for larger living spaces and even tinier small spaces, known for their versatility and ability to accommodate any kind of room layout big or small.
Key features and characteristics of sectionals include:
- Modularity: The defining feature of a sectional is its modular design. The individual pieces can be arranged and rearranged to create different seating configurations. This modularity makes sectionals adaptable to various room sizes and shapes.
- L-Shaped or U-Shaped Configurations: Sectionals are often arranged in L-shaped or U-shaped configurations, providing ample seating and defining a central area in a room. These configurations are well-suited for creating a conversational, entertainment zones whether its for a beautiful a cinema movie experience , holidays with the family, weekend parties or just a relaxing laid back space for you to lounge with your favourite person or pet.
- Components: A typical sectional may include components such as armless sofas, loveseats, chaise lounges, corner units, and sometimes ottomans. These components can come as unfinished arms or finished arms to properly connect the left or right hand facing sides. **remember LHF or RHF stands for Left Hand Facing or Right Hand Facing and these are when you are looking/facing the couch.
- Variety of Styles: Sectionals come in a wide range of styles, from contemporary and modern designs to more traditional or classic aesthetics. The upholstery can be fabric, leather, or a combination of both materials.
- Versatility: Sectionals are versatile and can be used in different rooms, including living rooms, family rooms, and entertainment spaces. They are especially popular for creating a cozy and inclusive seating arrangement for family and guests. Also, because they are individual pieces they are more adaptable and able fit into any room of the house.
- Space Efficiency: Sectionals can be space-efficient, particularly in larger rooms, as they maximize seating capacity without the need for additional standalone furniture pieces. They are also very suitable for open-concept living spaces.
- Comfort: Sectionals often provide ample seating space and can include features like recliners, Led floor lights, speakers, phone chargers, built-in cup holders, storage space, adjustable lumbar support and adjustable headrests just to name a few ?!
- Customization: Many manufacturers offer customization options for sectionals, allowing customers to choose the specific components, upholstery, and configurations that best suit their preferences and room layout. Some sectionals have UP TO 36 different pieces to select from.
Whether you prefer a compact sectional for a very small or very large type of space, sectionals offer flexibility in design and layout. They are a popular choice for those looking to create a comfortable and inviting seating area that complements the overall style of their home.
Sofas with Chaise
A sofa with a chaise, often referred to as a “chaise sofa” or “sectional sofa with chaise,” is a type of seating furniture that combines a standard sofa with an extended chaise lounge. The chaise is a long, upholstered piece that typically protrudes from one end of the sofa, creating an extended seat for lounging or reclining. This configuration provides additional seating space and offers a comfortable spot to stretch out.
Here are some key features and characteristics of a sofa with chaise:
- Extended Seating: The chaise extends beyond the standard length of the sofa, creating a longer and more spacious seating area. This allows individuals to sit or recline with their legs stretched out.
- Lounge Area: The chaise is designed for relaxation and lounging, making it an ideal spot for reading, napping, or watching television. It adds a touch of luxury and versatility to the sofa.
- Configurations: Sofas with chaise lounges come in various configurations. The chaise may be on the left or right side of the sofa, depending on the design and the layout of the room.
- Modularity: Some sectional sofas with chaise lounges are modular, allowing you to customize the arrangement of the pieces to fit the specific layout of your living space. This modularity can include detachable chaise sections. This application in our store is called “a floating ottoman.”
- Styles and Upholstery: Chaise sofas come in a wide range of styles, from modern and contemporary designs to more traditional or classic looks. Upholstery options include fabric, leather, or a combination of materials. With Contrast stitching and or Piping.
- Space-Saving: A sofa with chaise can be a space-saving solution, especially in smaller living rooms. It provides additional seating without the need for extra chairs or ottomans.
- Versatility: The chaise can be used for various purposes, such as providing extra seating for guests, serving as a cozy reading nook, or acting as a comfortable spot to relax at the end of the day.
Whether you prefer a sleek, modern design or a more traditional style, sofas with chaise lounges are available in a variety of options to suit different tastes and room configurations. They are a popular choice for those seeking both comfort and functionality in their living room furniture.